Lower Heyford – St Mary

The Parish of Lower Heyford lies beside the River Cherwell some 12 miles north of Oxford, about halfway between Oxford and Banbury. It includes the hamlet of Caulcott to house a population of just fewer than 400. St Mary's Church was consecrated in 1065 by the Saxon Bishop Wulfin of Dorchester but the current building dates from its rebuilding around 1350, with substantial 15th century alteration and modernisation in the 19th century.

Cherwell Valley Benefice Trail

A series of exhibitions & displays in each of our 7 Churches
Sat & Sun 21st & 22nd, 28th & 29th May
10am-4pm
(times may vary)
Including Art Workshops at Somerton Church (Sun 22nd May 10:30-12:30 after the Family Service &
Sat 28th May 10-12) Cream Teas at Souldern Church (2-4pm on both Sundays)
St Mary Ardley with Fewcott
St Olave Fritwell
The Chapel Heyford Park
St Mary Lower Heyford & Caulcott
St James Somerton
ABVM Souldern
St Mary Upper Heyford

 

Location Map of St Mary, Lower Heyford

Please feel free to come to any of our services where you'll be given a warm welcome.

Our address is:

Church Lane
Lower Heyford
Oxfordshire
OX25 5NR